Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine Training Course
This course provides the knowledge of hyperbaric medicine to safely operate a hyperbaric chamber in accordance with current industry and regulatory standards.
The Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine course has been developed with information in functional and safety instruction to allow applicants a sound foundation to operate a hyperbaric chamber in a hospital or private facility.
This course is accredited for 40 continuing education requirement credits.
Completion of this course alone does not constitute certification or credentialing.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course.
This course is offered virtually if needed.
Register now for upcoming Intro to Hyperbaric Medicine training courses!
Upcoming Course Dates:
- April 27th – 30rd – 8am – 6pm
- August 24th – 27th – 8am – 6pm
- October 12th – 15th – 8am – 6pm
- Additional 2022 Dates Coming Soon
- $800 / person
This is an introductory course that covers material designed to prepare those interested in operating a hyperbaric chamber:
It will discuss:
- Hyperbaric History
- The Physics and Physiology of Hyperbaric Medicine
- Therapeutic Mechanisms of Oxygen Under Pressure
- Side Effects and Contraindications
- Hyperbaric Safety
- Hands-on Chamber Operations
- The Elements of Wound Care
- Dive Planning and the Prevention of Decompression Sickness
- Setting Up and Running a Hyperbaric Clinic
This course will be held at Oxford Recovery Center located at 7030 Whitmore Lake Rd. in Brighton, Michigan (48116). Participants are responsible for their own travel, food, and lodging.
This course will be available virtually FOR A LIMITED TIME. Participants must be able to attend all sessions, and must have a device with a camera for class participation and monitoring.