ICHT Training Course
March 17-20, 2021
April 14-17, 2021
May 19-22, 2021
The International Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (ICHT) introductory training course in Hyperbaric Medicine has set internationally recognized benchmarks to define the optimal required training and education necessary to qualify as an ICHT. The UHMS-approved course provides the knowledge of hyperbaric medicine to safely operate a hyperbaric chamber in accordance with current industry and regulatory standards.
This ICHT course has been developed with information in functional and safety instruction to allow applicants a sound foundation to operate a hyperbaric chamber in a hospital or private facility.
- Completion of this course does not constitute certification or credentialing.
- After the course, participants will need to fulfill job experience requirements and pass an exam to achieve ICHT certification.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course.
Certification as a hyperbaric technologist is seen as a secondary/add on to an existing medical license.
The following pathways will be accepted for certification:
- Physician (MD, DO, ND)
- Respiratory Therapist
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Active Duty Military Corpsman
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Medical Assistants (MA)
- Veterinary Assistant
This is an introductory course that covers material designed to prepare those interested in becoming International Certified Hyperbaric Technologist.
It will discuss:
- Hyperbaric History
- The Physics and Physiology of Hyperbaric Medicine
- Therapeutic Mechanisms of Oxygen Under Pressure
- Side Effects and Contraindications
- Hyperbaric Safety
- Hands-on Chamber Operations
- The Elements of Wound Care
- Dive Planning and the Prevention of Decompression Sickness
- Setting Up and Running a Hyperbaric Clinic
This course will be held at Oxford Recovery Center located at 7030 Whitmore Lake Rd. in Brighton, Michigan (48116). Participants are responsible for their own travel, food, and lodging.
This course will be available virtually FOR A LIMITED TIME. Participants must be able to attend all sessions, and must have a device with a camera for class participation and monitoring.
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW), Detroit, Michigan
- Bishop International Airport (FNT), Flint, Michigan
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Brighton South – US 23), Phone (810) 227-6300: Located directly across the street from Oxford Recovery Center at 6910 Whitmore Lake Road in Brighton, Michigan.
- Candlewood Suites, Phone (810) 220-1200: Located at 151 Library Drive in Brighton, Michigan.