Safety Director 2 DAYS
March 12-13, 2021
April 24-25, 2021
May 14-15, 2021
This course is designed for hyperbaric technologists, respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, and department managers interested in furthering their knowledge of hyperbaric medicine and how to conduct safe hyperbaric chamber operations in accordance with current industry and regulatory standards.
- Completion of this course does not constitute certification or credentialing.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course.
This course covers material designed to prepare International Certified Hyperbaric Technologists for the role of Safety Director. It reviews all of NFPA-99 Chapter 20, plus appendices, and includes:
- Hyperbaric guidelines, standards, and codes pertaining to clinical hyperbaric facilities
- Safety codes and standards
- The role and duties of Safety Director in the clinical hyperbaric facility
- Fire behavior
- Hazard identification
- Risk analysis
- Electrical and communications
- Systems maintenance
This course will be held at Oxford Recovery Center located at 7030 Whitmore Lake Rd. in Brighton, Michigan (48116). Participants are responsible for their own travel, food, and lodging.
This course will be available virtually. Participants must be able to attend all sessions, and must have a device with a camera for class participation and monitoring.
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW), Detroit, Michigan
- Bishop International Airport (FNT), Flint, Michigan
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Brighton South – US 23), Phone (810) 227-6300: Located directly across the street from Oxford Recovery Center at 6910 Whitmore Lake Road in Brighton, Michigan.
- Candlewood Suites, Phone (810) 220-1200: Located at 151 Library Drive in Brighton, Michigan.